Managing multiple MicroStation cell libraries has never been easier
Having multiple people working with your CAD shop's cell libraries can create a bit of a mess. Not only that, but some users create their own version of the standard cell libraries, which of course adds more confusion. The problems are many. Dealing with duplicate cells wastes immense amounts of time. Similarly named cells can turn out to be completely different cells when plotting. This is the "too many cooks in the kitchen" phenomenon (I generally don't like clichés but it's such an apt description I couldn't resist). There is a solution that can remedy the mess that the "cooks" have made of your cell libraries: It's an Axiom software program called "CellManager".
CellManager is the most complete MicroStation cell library management application available. CellManager puts you in control of cell libraries by allowing you to sort, view, move, import, export, plot, copy, scale, rotate, modify, report on, rename, convert, delete one or any number of cells within a cell library.
Total Cell Library Manipulation
CellManager's cell library modification powers are indispensable in maintaining your libraries. They help you clean up, organize, split up and combine cell libraries and design files. CellManager lets you rename cells, change descriptions, move cells from file to file, move elements from level to level, change colors, change weights, scale cells and change point cells to regular cells.
Each command works on either one cell at a time or on all the cells you've selected for multi-cell operation. CellManager lets you tag and filter cells based on attributes for quicker processing.
Create a Cell Library Notebook or PDF.
CellManager can help you streamline cell-library searches by plotting all your cells as a notebook, complete with a table of contents. Each entry in the notebook includes a plot of the cell (so you can see what it looks like) showing location of the cell's origin and the cell's description. Also, in the cell plot you can display the cell's: scale, range, type, levels, if there are nested cells, element types, if there is linkage and size (in bytes and blocks).
CellManager will give you the ability to...
- Create a notebook showing the graphic and non-graphic details (name, description, origin, levels used, etc.) of all your cells.
- Rescale all the cells in a library at the touch of a button.
- Split commonly used cells out of a large library and into a separate library.
- Combine several smaller libraries into one well-organized larger one.
- Change the symbology of groups of cells.
- Convert point cells to regular cells and visa versa.
- Streamline and organize libraries quickly and easily.
- Locate and eliminate duplicate cells in cell libraries.
- Rename, delete and modify cells while viewing them graphically.
- Export models to individual files (.cel or .dgn).
- Open multiple MicroStationcell libraries and DGN files in one session.
See for yourself...
Request a FREE 30-day Trial