CLEARWATER, FLORIDA, USA — Axiom, the world’s most experienced developer of time-saving MicroStation software solutions, announces the release of CadExplorer™, which lets users instantly find and display MicroStation models and elements in hundreds of design files in a single spreadsheet-like view!
Many MicroStation users have a recurring need to search for specific items such as text strings in dozens (or hundreds or thousands) of MicroStation design files with no way to easily do this. CadExplorer lets users magically ignore the boundaries between MicroStation files and interactively find, analyze, explore, report on and investigate MicroStation data in ways never before possible.
Here are just a few of the things that users can do with CadExplorer:
- Instantly find, using any combination of common MicroStation element characteristics, any MicroStation element (or elements) in any design file in a project or at an entire site.
- Instantly zoom in on found elements in any design file that resides on the network. At the click of a button, CadExplorer will open the design file containing the found element or elements, zoom in on them and await further instructions.
- Instantly and interactively search all the design files in any project or at an entire site for elements that violate specific standards that you can generate on the spot.
- Find all kinds of oddball errors.
- Find all kinds of oddball duplicates.
- Instantly see a list of reference files and which design files have them attached.
- See how many times each cell is included in a certain set of design files.
CadExplorer uses a technology similar to Google. Just as Google constantly scans the Internet, building a database of every webpage it finds, CadExplorer constantly scans design files to maintain a database of all the MicroStation elements and models in a project or at a site. CadExplorer’s database is a live, up-to-date mirror (cache) of the actual MicroStation data. The actual MicroStation files are not moved or modified in any way. CadExplorer constantly gathers all the data it needs invisibly. Once set up, it does its job totally automatically. CadExplorer then lets users instantly and interactively view, sort, filter and group this information in a variety of ways.
The information can be easily exported to Excel. IT personnel can also generate detailed reports about CAD projects using the common database structured query language (SQL), Crystal Reports and other tools they are already experts in.
How to contact Axiom
For more information on CadExplorer or to see a free, online demonstration, call Axiom at 727-442-7774 extension 1487 or e-mail 1487@AxiomInt.com or visit Axiom on the Web at www.AxiomInt.com.
Axiom is the world’s most experienced developer of time-saving MicroStation software solutions and the largest third-party provider of general-purpose add-ons and e-learning for MicroStation. Axiom focuses on creating time-saving and productivity-boosting tools based on real-world problems MicroStation users encounter. Based in Clearwater, Florida, Axiom has been developing software for MicroStation for over 20 years. MicroStation is the flagship CAD package of Bentley Systems, Incorporated of Exton, Pennsylvania.
CadExplorer and Axiom are trademarks of Axiom. MicroStation is a registered trademark of Bentley Systems, Incorporated. Crystal Reports is a registered trademark of Business Objects SA.
For immediate release
1805 Drew Street
Clearwater, Florida 33765